Applications / Permits

Employment Applications

If you are interested in employment with South Lebanon Township, you can print the appropriate application here or stop at the Township Administration Office to pick-up the appropriate application. All completed applications must be signed and returned to Administration Department, South Lebanon Township, 1800 S. 5th Avenue, Lebanon, PA 17042.  E-mailed and Faxed applications will not be accepted.

  • General Employment                                                                                                                                     Full time Administration and Part time summer work at the Municipal Building or South Hills Park
  • Highway Department
  • Police Department


  • Food Truck Permit - A food truck permit is required in South Lebanon Township. The cost is $25 per year and expires on December 31st each year. Download an application here. See a copy of the food truck ordinance here
  • Building Permit - Required when placing a new structure on your property, such as a new house, a house addition, a garage or carport, a shed.  Permits are required for fences but not for general maintenance such as roof or window replacement (as long as the original structure is not changing shape), or inside remodeling.  If you have any questions, please contact the Lebanon County Planning Department, where all building permits are issued, 717-228-4444.
  • Dumpster Permit - If you need to place a dumpster at your property for a short period of time, you will need to contact the township and obtain a Dumpster Permit if it needs to be in the street.  This permit is only good for a 2 week period. but there is no charge.  If you can place the dumpster in your yard or driveway, no permit is required, but again we ask that you keep the time limited to 2 weeks.  You can stop at the Administration Department for the permit or call 717-274-0481 for more information.
  • Peddlers and Solicitor Permit - Required for anyone going door to door to talk to the resident regarding a product or a service.  The cost is $3 per person per day or $25 per person per year.  Approval must be obtained from the township manager before the permit will be issued. Download a Solicitation Permit
  • Road Occupancy Permit - Required whenever work is being performed in the street or township right-of-way.  These permits are mostly issued to utility companies (gas, phone, cable, electric) but homeowners will need permits for new and expanded driveways, to install curbing, to tap onto an existing water and/or sewer line or to make repairs to a water/sewer lateral.  The cost is based on the amount of the street or right-of-way being dug up.  Driveway permits are $25. It is always best to check with your contractor to see who is responsible for obtaining the permit. Download a Road Occupancy Permit
  • Sewer Permit - Any building within 150 feet of public sewer is required to connect to the sanitary sewer system.  The current cost is $75 which includes inspection.  There is also a tap-on fee of $2,500.  If the property is not in a development, Sewer Capacity may need to be purchased at a cost of $2,400/EDU.  If the building is more than 150' from a public sewer line, you need to contact the Sewage Enforcement Officer in the Lebanon County Planning Department for regulations and to obtain a permit.  Their phone number is 717-228-4444.